We are a church in mission and outreach to the world! We witness in countless ways through our United Methodist Women, Senior Adults Living Triumphantly (SALT), and Wednesday Night Together (WNT). Our Radio ministry, Knitting Ministry, Prayer Ministry, Jail Ministry along with Stephen Ministers and pastoral presence offer comfort in difficult times and reveal the Light of Christ to others.
We reach out to the community and the world through service and support of:
Local church ministries
• White Christmas (Christmas Food Boxes)
• Operation Christmas Child (Christmas gifts for those in need)
• Faith In Action (local mission outreach)
• Adult and Youth international mission trips (Project Honduras, “The Living Heritage Foundation” in Guatemala)
• Youth mission programs such as SLAM (Students Living A Mission)
• United Methodist Women’s missions
• Scouting Ministries programs
• The HEART project (Tutoring)
• COPE (Community Outreach for Personal Emergencies)
• United Ministries (Food & Clothing)
• Secure Haven (A local Women’s Shelter)
• The Master’s Table – a local food/hunger ministry
• And numerous local charity needs
• “Imagine No Malaria,”
• Miriam’s Promise – Conference Adoption and Children’s Services Ministry
• Golden Cross offering
• “One Great Hour of Sharing”
• World Communion Sunday Scholarships
• United Methodist Student Sunday
… and our benevolence giving through the Tennessee Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church.
SFUMC is also a leader within the Tennessee Conference known for our hospitality as we host prominent events including the Tennessee Annual Conference of United Methodist Women, Clarksville District UMW Intergenerational Day, Conversations with the Bishop and The Retirement & Financial Planning Seminar for Clergy of the Tennessee Conference just to mention a few. Numerous District and Conference wide events are often held at our church!